At Orr & Associates Insurance Brokers Ltd. we are very proud of the service that has been provided to our clients for over a century.
In 1912 Victor A. Hall started selling insurance in King City through a contract with the Waterloo Insurance Company. In 1923 Victor's son, Bruce, joined the company to make the agency Victor A. Hall & Son Insurance Agency.
In 1957 the business was sold to John C. Dew a local farmer and businessman. John continued to build the business and in 1977 sold the agency to Gordon Orr, at which time Gordon changed the name to Orr & Dew Insurance Brokers Ltd.
A number of other brokerages competed in the area. Bruce Bowman, EG. Lloyd, and Marvin Hunter, Over the years these brokerages all came under the ownership of Marvin Hunter and in 1984 was purchased by Orr & Dew and amalgamated into one office.
In 1992, Ken Orr, son of Gordon, became the owner of Orr & Dew Insurance Brokers Ltd.
The growing continued and in January of 1999, Ken opened a branch office in Tottenham and offered management services for an office in Richmond Hill.
In September of 2006 our corporate name changed to Orr & Associates Insurance Brokers Ltd. In 2007 a new partner Keith Wilson Joined Orr & Associates Insurance Brokers Ltd.